web analytics
Home / Entertainment News / Attorney Chris Darden Will No Longer Defend Alleged Nipsey Hussle Murderer Eric Holder

Attorney Chris Darden Will No Longer Defend Alleged Nipsey Hussle Murderer Eric Holder

Christopher Darden, the lawyer who was representing Eric Holder, the alleged killer of rapper Nipsey Hussle has filed a motion to withdraw from the case, citing death threats as the reason.

Christopher-Darden-Eric-Holder

TMZ reported the move Friday, adding that Darden’s scheduled hearing in court the same day will mark the former O.J. Simpson prosecutor’s “last time” appearing in court regarding the case. Darden says he’s received death threats, including some aimed at his family, since becoming involved with the case.

Also last month, the lawyer’s daughter Jeneé Darden responded to the backlash, reminding the general public that she has no say in the cases her father takes on.

“Instead of attacking me and others who have nothing to do with this case, channel that energy into continuing Nipsey’s legacy in strengthening our community and uplifting each other,” she said in a since-deleted Instagram post.

During a brief in-court appearance in Los Angeles in April, Darden entered a not guilty plea on Holder’s behalf. Holder is charged with murder, as well as two counts of attempted murder and a firearm possession charge.

Prior to his death, Nipsey Hussle—as detailed in a Los Angeles Times piece this week—was working with real estate developer David Gross and others on building “the economic version of Black Lives Matter” for his community and beyond.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Scroll To Top