Home / Entertainment News / Iowa Family Found Dead at Mexican Resort Died of Gas Asphyxiation …

Iowa Family Found Dead at Mexican Resort Died of Gas Asphyxiation …

An Iowa family of four found dead at their vacation condominium in a Mexican seaside resort suffocated from gas, according to autopsies, local authorities said on Saturday.

The type of gas or where it came from was not specified. The Attorney’s General office said that firefighters carried out an inspection of the “gas installation of the room."

There was no sign of violence where the family was found.

The Sharp family was reported missing by relatives in their hometown of Creston early Friday, about a week after the family left for vacation. They as not communicated via phone or social media once they got to Cancun.

Creston police said they contacted the U.S. Department of State, and the bodies were found during a welfare check at the condo in Akumal near Tulum.

Union County authorities said the family members were identified as 41-year-old Kevin Sharp; his wife, 38-year-old Amy Sharp; and their children, 12-year-old Sterling and 7-year-old Adrianna.

The police are still investigating.

Scroll To Top
error: Content is protected !!